Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Looking Through my Daughter's Eyes


Sometimes a reflection in the mirror will awaken the real girl inside, sometimes it is the vision of someone you love more than yourself that will remind you of what you were always meant to be. My beautiful daughter has just turned sixteen, sixteen!! Wow! She is so beautiful in everyway. Most importantly, her eyes are filled with the excitment for life, for all the possibilities that lay ahead. I remember when I felt that way. Don't you remember how we felt at sixteen? Ahh, the possibilities! I am so aware and careful with the words or actions I share with my daughter. I want to allow her to grow into all those possibilities. I am so afraid sometimes that what I say or do will leave her with any fear of living. Dream my sweet daughter, dream big!! And so with that I am reminded of that sixteen year old inside me, screaming to be heard " Remember how fearless you were. remember all the dreams you had?" For the first time in a very long time, I answer, " I hear you. Are you ready? Let's do it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment